Thursday, April 10, 2008

Searching For the Millionaire Mentality


What is the millionaire mentality? Does it even exist? How I can I acquire this winning formula? I have read so many articles from many different budding entrepreneurs, who are offering to help those on the quest to find the millionaire mentality. One thing that they all seem to have in common is that none of them are actually millionaires themselves!

Those budding entrepreneurs are willing to share the secret of how they have achieved the millionaire mentality. Some may question whether we are wasting our time and efforts learning from people that are not even millionaires! The other side of the coin is that some of them will go on and become millionaires, others may give everything they have to achieving success and still fail and some are plain dillusionists.

I'm willing to learn from anybody that offers good advice no matter where they are on the path to financial freedom. You don't have to be a millionaire to have the millionaire mentality. Richard Branson, Alan Sugar, Donald Trump etc all had the winning mentality long before they had two pennies to rub together. The pattern is clear you must have the mentality before you become a millionaire or the likelihood of you achieving it will be very slim.

On my own personal journey to make my 2 million dollars I aim to work on every aspect of self improvement and motivation in order to program myself for success. I suppose I feel that I need to think and train almost like a successful athlete in order to condition my mind, body and soul for success.

So back to my original question, the millionaire mentality, is it something that someone can teach me? Or is it something I need to develop from within myself? It is clearly both! Its pretty easy to do some research and read about what the millionaire mentality is, but you then need to start making it work, you have to believe it, not just talk the talk for talks sake.

J Paul Getty {everyone has heard of him, if you haven't, use Google!} In his book, "How To BE Rich" he talks about the millionaire mentality and this is what he says,

"Like it or not, there is a thing that can be called The Millionaire Mentality. There is a frame of mind, which puts an individual a long way ahead on the road to success. In, short, The Millionaire Mentality is one, which is always and above all cost-conscious and profit minded. It is most likely to be found among me in the first two categories I have cited."

Another interesting point that J Paul Getty makes is as follows,

"In my opinion, its more important for the man with The Millionaire Mentality to be able to think small than to think big - in the sense that he gives meticulous attention to even the smallest details and misses no opportunity to reduce costs in his own or his employers business"

I think J Paul Perfectly summaries the mental attitude of those that are seeking much more that a life of a wage slave. He basically says that those with the millionaire mentality are the types of people who work best when they are working for themselves. They don't want to be employed by anyone, and want complete independence. They don't care for the security that they get from a salaried job. Instead, they want to create their own security on their own, and keep their own future in their own hands. In short they want to be their own bosses, and take the responsibilities and risks, which is associated with this.

It seems that it is up to us as individuals to develop and create the illusive MILLIONARE MENTALITY. It isn't something that is easy or natural for most people to achieve, but I think everyone has the potential if they are prepared to work at it. I suppose if it were easy, everyone would be a millionaire.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Kudos on this page! I found you googoling a phrase I have used for years that keeps me working hard when I'm tired ... "If it were easy, everyone would be a millionaire" May God be with you on your journey ... it won't be easy.